|DCHL Contact Info:|
Michael & Son Sportsplex at Rockville
60 Southlawn Court
Rockville, MD 20850
|Find Us On:|
DCHL Nation ---
2014 Winter Season starts 01/05/2014 with 3 divisions and 22 Teams. Games will be played 12-10 pm on Sundays.
Coming up with a 2014 Winter Base Game Plan was not easy. It was and still is a very complicated picture with so many factors to balance out and consider: 2014 Winter Season Format, Game Time Schedules, Facility Availability OUTSIDE of our normal range, Playoff Format, Holiday Breaks (Super Bowl Sunday in this case on 02/02/2013), Separation of Playoffs (via division) as much as possible in order to keep players fresh (a popular request), and Travel Team Priorities (we should have a men and women’s travel team going to Philly on 03/16/2013).
But I believe I have come up with something that works well considering the "give and take" we need from all parties. It is not 100 percent fool proof. However priorities were set based on level of importance. I am catering to a majority of the league --- not a select group or individuals. So before anyone lobbies me, please think through everything I am stating below to understand why I made the decisions I did. I have thought this through from every angle and consideration imaginable to me. If you see a GLARING error, please alert me.
PLEASE NOTE that the specific schedule has not been completed and will not be for a while. I am not ready yet. I will be asking for 3 specific schedule needs for each team as always very shortly so be prepared to come up with that. But I have come up with the generic parameter/base we needed before I can even address that.
Here are the highlights. Schedule Diagram is a link at the end of this.
1) PRO Playoffs will be on different dates than REC Playoffs as much as possible. We cannot separate it out so much that it is not intertwined somewhat or we would be playing for 14-15 weeks.
2) Two Divisions (X and REC) will have a BYE WEEK for all teams in that division.
3) There will be partial schedule on Super Bowl Sunday (02/02) from 12 - 5 pm. We need this to make scheduling work in a “give and take” with Philly Tourney Date (03/16). Games will conclude at 5 pm so people still have time to attend parties and watch the Super Bowl which does not usually start until right before 7 pm. Only PRO teams and X teams will play that day.
4) X games will be two 20 minute HALVES and will always be played at 2:45 PM and 5:20 PM (Permanent Time Slots) during most of the REGULAR SEASON with rare exceptions.
5) All consolation games will be two 20 minute HALVES. Just like this season, I will look at the teams in consolation and combine them if needed to fill roster holes and free up usuable time slots. All consolation games have the lowest of priorities. With this in mind, all teams will get 10 games as always. So the 03/16 schedule can be shortened with a later time slot if need be.
6) I will get the First Ladies an exhibition game for their tourney prep on 03/09 at 4:25 pm against an opponent to be determined. I prefer they go against a female team outside the league. But I also do not want to continue the tradition of inviting outside teams and using our limited billable hours for someone that is not part of our league. No one else ever volunteers to do the same for us in return. So I will discuss this with Molly to see how to make this work.
7) If we have a Men’s Travel Team as planned, I will get them an exhibition game at MDHL in Germantown on Saturday 03/08. I just do not have the hours to add one more game to the schedule.
8) PRO Playoffs will stay the same as this season. We will have 7 regular season games where everyone plays each other once. Then three playoff games will follow. Quarterfinals to determine DCHL (Top 4) and TGIS (Bottom 4) Brackets will be played in one week. Semifinals and Finals will follow TOGETHER in second week. And a third/fourth will have the two consolations.
9) REC Playoffs will be slightly different. REC will have 10 teams. Each team will play every team EXCEPT ONE. So there will be 8 REGULAR SEASON Games. Playoffs will last for 2 weeks.
The top 6 teams advance to DCHL Cup REC Bracket. The two records will be seeded #1 and #2 and will play the quarterfinal winners (3v6) (4v5) in the semifinals on the same day as the quarterfinals. The Championship Game and the one consolation game will be played on 03/16.
The last four teams in REC will go straight to TGIS Cup REC Bracket. The semifinals and finals will be played in same week. The consolation will be played on 03/16.
10) X Division will have 10 games this season. There will be 8 regular season games and two playoff weeks. Semifinals will occur in one week and the championship/consolation will be in a different week. Most game times are 2:45 PM and 5:20 PM with the exception of two holidays (Super Bowl Sunday – 02/02 and Philly Tourney Day – 03/16)
Here is the link to the Excel Breakdown of each week: 2014 Winter Season Dates